Tomasz Trzciński is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Computer Graphics in the Institute of Computer Science at Warsaw University of Technology since 2015. He obtained his Ph.D. in Computer Vision at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne in 2014. He received his M.Sc. degree in Research on Information and Communication Technologies from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and M.Sc. degree in Electronics Engineering from Politecnico di Torino in 2010. He has (co)-authored several papers in top-tier computer science conferences and high impact factor journals. He is an Associate Editor of IEEE Access and frequently serves as a reviewer in major computer vision conferences (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ACCV, BMVC, ICML, MICCAI) and international journals (TPAMI, IJCV, CVIU, TIP, TMM). His professional appointments include work with Google in 2013, Qualcomm Corporate R&D in 2012 and Telefónica R&D in 2010. In 2017, he was appointed a Visiting Scholar at Stanford University. In 2016, he was named New Europe 100 Innovator as one of 100 outstanding challengers who are leading world-class innovation from Central and Eastern Europe. He is co-organizing warsaw.ai - series of events focused on sharing expert AI knowledge, he is a member of IEEE and Computer Vision Foundation, as well as a member of Scientific Board for PLinML conference. He is a co-owner of Tooploox where, as a Chief Scientist, he leads a team of machine learning researchers and engineers.
Research interests: computer vision (SLAM, visual search, augmented reality), machine learning (deep learning, online content popularity prediction, medical applications), representation learning (binary descriptors).
address: ul. Nowowiejska 15/19, 00-665 Warsaw, Poland
tel: +48 22 234 7650
office hours: Tuesday, 2pm-4pm, office 415A
- M. Pesko, A. Svystun, P. Andruszkiewicz, P. Rokita, T. Trzcinski. Comixify: Transform video into comics, 2018. arXiv demo code
- M. Zamorski, M. Zieba, R. Nowak, W. Stokowiec, T. Trzcinski. Adversarial Autoencoders for Generating 3D Point Clouds, 2018. arXiv
- M. Koperski, T. Konopczyński, P. Semberecki, T. Trzcinski. Plugin Networks for Inference under Partial Evidence, 2018. arXiv
- I. Tautkute, T. Trzcinski. Classifying and Visualizing Emotions with EmotionalDAN, 2018. arXiv
- A. Bielski, T. Trzcinski. Understanding Multimodal Popularity Prediction of Social Media Videos with Self-Attention. IEEE Access, 2018. pdf
- T. Trzcinski, P. Rokita. Predicting popularity of online videos using Support Vector Regression. IEEE Trans. Multimedia (TMM). Vol. 19, Nr. 11, p. 2561-2570, 2017. arXiv
- T. Trzcinski, M. Christoudias, V. Lepetit. Learning Image Descriptors with Boosting. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI). Vol. 37, Nr. 3, pp. 597-610, 2015. pdf
- B. Fan, Q. Kong, T. Trzcinski, Z. Wang, C. Pan, P. Fua. Receptive Fields Selection for Binary Feature Description. IEEE Trans. Image Processing (TIP). Vol. 23, Nr. 6, pp. 2583-2595, 2014. official version
- T. Trzcinski, V. Lepetit, P. Fua. Thick Boundaries in Binary Space and their Influence on Nearest-Neighbor Search. Pattern Recognition Letters (PRL). Vol. 33, pp. 2173-2180, 2012. pdf, code
- M. Calonder, V. Lepetit, M. Ozuysal, T. Trzcinski, C. Strecha, P. Fua. BRIEF: Computing a local binary descriptor very fast. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI). Vol. 34, Nr. 7, pp. 1281 - 1298, 2012. pdf
- M. Zieba, P. Semberecki, T. El-Gaaly, T. Trzcinski. BinGAN: Learning Compact Binary Descriptors with a Regularized GAN. Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2018. arXiv
- N. Kapinski, J. Zielinski, B. Borucki, T. Trzcinski, B. Ciszkowska-Lyson, K. Nowinski. Estimating Achilles tendon healing progress with convolutional neural networks. International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), 2018. arXiv
- W. Oleszkiewicz, P. Kairouz, K. Piczak, R. Rajagopal, T. Trzcinski. Siamese Generative Adversarial Privatizer for Biometric Data. Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV), 2018. arXiv
- T. Trzcinski, J. Komorowski, L. Dabala, K. Czarnota, G. Kurzejamski, S. Lynen. SConE: Siamese Constellation Embedding Descriptor for Image Matching. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Workshop on 3D Reconstruction in the Wild, 2018. arXiv
- J. Komorowski, K. Czarnota, T.Trzcinski, L. Dabala, S. Lynen. Interest point detectors sta- bility evaluation on ApolloScape dataset. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Workshop on ApolloScape: Vision-based Navigation for Autonomous Driving, 2018. arXiv
- A. Bielski, T. Trzcinski. Pay Attention to Virality: understanding popularity of social media videos with the attention mechanism. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Understanding Subjective Attributes of Data Workshop, 2018 (oral presentation). arXiv
- I. Tautkute, T. Trzcinski, A. Bielski. I Know How You Feel: Emotion Recognition with Facial Landmarks. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Women in Computer Vision Workshop, 2018. arXiv
- T. Trzcinski, M. Glinka, Ł. Graczykowski for the ALICE Collaboration. Using Random Forest Classifier for particle identification in the ALICE Experiment. Conference on Information Technology, Systems Research and Computational Physics (ITSRCP), 2018. pdf
- K. Deja, T. Trzcinski, Ł. Graczykowski for the ALICE Collaboration. Generative Models for Fast Cluster Simulations in the TPC for the ALICE Experiment. Conference on Information Technology, Systems Research and Computational Physics (ITSRCP), 2018. pdf
- T. Trzcinski, A. Bielski, P. Cyrta, M. Zak. SocialML: machine learning for social media video creators. Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) Workshop on Machine Learning for Creativity and Design, 2017. arXiv
- M. Kowalski, J. Naruniec, T. Trzcinski. Deep Alignment Network: A convolutional neural network for robust face alignment. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Face Detection in the Wild Workshop, 2017. arXiv
- T. Trzcinski, M. Christoudias, P. Fua, V. Lepetit. Boosting Binary Keypoint Descriptors. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2013. pdf, code
- T. Trzcinski, M. Christoudias, V. Lepetit, P. Fua. Learning Image Descriptors with the Boosting-Trick. Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2012. pdf
- T. Trzcinski, V. Lepetit. Efficient Discriminative Projections for Compact Binary Descriptors. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2012. pdf, code
- D. Marimon, T. Adamek, A. Bonnin, T. Trzcinski. Enhancing global positioning by image recognition. International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR), Workshop on Enabling Large-Scale Outdoor Mixed Reality and Augmented Reality, 2011. pdf
- T. Trzcinski. Learning and Matching Binary Local Feature Descriptors. Ph.D. Thesis, EPFL, n° 6226 (2014). pdf
- T. Trzcinski. Towards Precise Outdoor Localisation Based on Image Recognition. M.Sc. Thesis, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Politecnico di Torino (2010). pdf
- Google Project ARCore: Improving stability of keypoint detection using deep neural networks, 2018-2019.
- Dean's grant': Online social media video classification with deep neural networks, 2017.
- SONATA 11/ST6: The development of machine learning methods for big data quality monitoring and its interactive visualisation in the frames of the ALICE experiment at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, 2016-2019.
- Google Project Tango: Efficient and accurate nearest-neighbor search for binary local feature descriptors, 2016-2017.
- Dean's grant': Application of artificial intelligence algorithms for the analysis of viral videos' phenomenon, 2015.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: PW, since 2017.
- Digital Image Processing: PW, since 2015.
- Algorithm Analysis: PW, since 2015.
- Foundations of Imaging Science: EPFL, 2011-2013.